Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my healthy obsession :D

If there is one thing that I can do ALL DAY, it would be listen to music. Although I love all types of different music, my favorite is BROADWAY MUSICAL styles.

There is something about that live, upbeat style that really gets me. I thought I would share some of my favorite songs that feature this style


Jennifer Hudson - All Dressed In Love




 Although this isnt a broadway musical, the style of this song simply reminds me of that genre. Jennifer Hudson uses her power vocals to belt out this song just like the stars on Broadway

I'm Here - The Color Purple




This is from The Color Purple. Fantasia also did a version of this which evokes the broadway spirit with a southern gospel twist and I like that version too, but this is the original broadway cast...simply amazing!

Hairspray Original Broadway Cast: You Can't Stop the Beat






And finally this classic from Hairspray. This has such a fun and playful beat that you cant help but love it :D

I hope you enjoy these songs as much as I do and if you havent heard some of them, I hope I put you on to some new music :D

No comments:

Post a Comment