Wednesday, April 14, 2010

got loyalty?


I know it seems kind of dramatic of me to say that but today is probably the best day to talk about loyalty. Today I went to lunch with two different friends at two different times and my two experiences truly made me think of loyalty.

One of my friends, who I have known since the end of middle school, called me up because she was on my campus MOREHOUSE COLLEGE and we sat down and had a great convo over a steak caesar salad that was truly yummy. I left (about 4 minutes late for my 1oclock class) feeling full and happy.


The second lunch was at a local Atlanta restaurant and unfortunately I did not have the same great experience. I know it was just a casual lunch, but it quickly went sour. After being seated for a minute, the verbal vomit started pouring from this persons mouth. First "I hate being where a lot of black people are, its always just a hood fest filled with coonery". This young lady attends Spelman College, the premier Historically Black College in America. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Sounds like some self-hatred mixed in with some internalized white supremacy to me. I clearly couldnt let that comment just fly without addressing it...after an attempt to enlighten this young lady, the atmosphere filled with tension, to which I did not give in. 


But wait, it gets better....after a stent of awkward silence I decided to utilize the wonder that is Pandora Mobile and entertain myself through music in a rather uncomfortable and unpleasant situation. As I am scrolling on my BB i decided to check twitter just to see what was transpiring, this young lady was making snide remarks filled with insults and other childish language. OOOKKKK, thats cool.. i guess because I no longer tweet she thought I deleted my twitter #oops



This just goes to show that some people lack a little thing called loyalty, not to mention a basic level of integrity. However, there is an upside to the situation. I turned on Pandora and got some valuable lessons from music.

"Yes I was burned but I called it a lesson learned
Mistake overturned so I call it a lesson learned
My soul has returned so I call it a lesson learned
Another lesson learned"
-Alicia Keys
"Don't you know I wish I knew
That you would treat me this way
If you don't promise me
That you've changed your ways I'm leaving today

And I ain't coming back and you made it like that
Was unfair to me, all this jealousy"
-Keyshia Cole

Moral of this post:
Dont assume that everyone is loyal...smh

No comments:

Post a Comment